Chicken Thigh with Smoky Roasted Peppers
- 4 bell peppers - 2 red, 1 yellow, 1 green
- 2 lb. trimmed skinless, boneless chicken thigh
- salt / pepper
- flour for coating chicken
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 4 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 Italian cherry or fresno chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 C Seyval wine
- 1 28 oz. can Italian plum tomatoes
- Char the bell peppers under the broiler. Transfer them to bowl and cover. Let cool. Peel the skins leaving a little char on peppers to give a smoky flavor. Seed and slice the peppers in strips lengthwise into 1" strips.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper, coat with flour. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large skillet with tight fitting lid over medium heat. Add chicken, brown on each side. 5 to 6 minutes total.
- Transfer to plate add remaining tbsp olive oil, stir in fennel seeds, garlic & chili pepper for a min or two.
- Add wine to deglaze add tomatoes, mash them, season salt & pepper. Then cook at a rapid bubble until reduced. Lower heat stir in chicken & pepper. Cover & cook 5 mins to finish cooking chicken. Test chicken for doneness. Serve with warm crusty bread.
Starr Hill Winery http://starrhillwinery.com/